Support TechnicianAre you good with people – and a bit of a geek?
What are we looking for?
Via Wire is looking for an extraordinary IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience and delivering technical support for our range of clients. Our team works cross functionally in IT Systems, Engineering Operations, Security, and others to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We on-board new clients, provision new hardware, provide hands-on and remote support and adhere to security standards for all clients. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting our client’s employees throughout the UK and in some cases around the world.
What you'll do
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, working with the team and assisting our customers via support tickets, email, chat and onsite visits. You will work closely with help desk staff to build and maintain IT support documentation and tools, coordinate schedules, administer IT queues, handle escalations and drive IT initiatives. You love building relationships with customers, business partners and IT team members alike. You have an excellent background in Windows software and hardware troubleshooting and are passionate about providing the best customer service experience possible, mentoring others and driving best practices within the team.
This role requires attendance at our Helpdesk during normal business hours at our Basildon office. Due to the nature of the role, remote-working is not possible for this role and in-office attendance will be mandatory once Government and internal guidance allows.
You will do the following
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk during business hours
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades and migrations
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
- Assist with inventory and purchasing processes
Who you are
- You have exceptional Windows hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- You are awesome at providing technical support and love solving problems
- You are always learning and expanding your technical expertise in IT supported technologies
- You excel at documenting issues and providing updates to leadership, the team and end users
- You understand the importance of asset inventory and how to maintain an organized help desk
- You love standards and understand that consistency and an adherence to methodologies helps any organization scale
- 1-3 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and teamwork skills and abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive technical knowledge of Windows 10, Windows Server, iOS and Android
- Understanding of network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft’s Office365 Services
- Experience with video conferencing solutions and support (Teams, Zoom)
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after-hours and weekend support
- Some heavy lifting may be required from time to time
- Apple MacOS, Linux, MCITP or network certifications
- Conference Room A/V support experience, including Teams & Zoom
- LDAP and Active Directory experience
- Experience with VoIP systems
How to Apply
The first step is to get in touch and tell us why you think you’re the right person for our team.